Here’s some details about the coming NSERC awards (Canada) – The NSERC John C. Polanyi Award was created to recognize and support a university researcher or team of researchers whose work has led to a recent outstanding Canadian advance in a field of the natural sciences or engineering. Candidates may be nominated by any individual or group; however, the nominators must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Candidates can be at any stage in their career. At least one of the candidates must hold an NSERC grant. Also, the research that led to the advance described in the nomination must have been supported by NSERC. In the case of a team nomination, members may be from academia, government or industry, and may be research associates, postdoctoral fellows or students. Nomination Deadline: March 1, 2010 – See Details HERE
It’s tough to keep up with all the activity on Twitter… so, here’s a few of our favorite Geo tweets from the past couple of days. To have your tweets considered for listing here you’ll need to follow me on Twitter @gletham.
- @googlemaps – First flight of Boeing 787 Dreamliner at 10am PST. Click “Webcast” & follow real-time flight path on #GoogleMaps
- @sloanb – Android Market grows up, hits 20,000 apps milestone – When are they going to realize its not about number but quality
- @JeffHarrison – British Geological Society’s OpenScience Portal Open for Business
- @Taliesn – RT @theitskeptic: @ServiceSphere: Map of US States Showing Countries of = Population
- @ajturner – USGS enabling Citizen as Sensor… hosts
Thanks all for the fine tweets… you can see all my Faves HERE