Keeping up with the thousands of data layers, web services, and other data products included in the Living Atlas of the World is no easy task! The Living Atlas is made available by Esri, with content provided by Esri and thousands of partners, organizations, and users from around the World.
Recently, I spent a little time digging around the atlas and checking out what’s cool and what’s new. In addition to delving into the 5 W’s of the Living Atlas, I also shared the requesite list of my Top 10 favorite things.
10 Favorite Things about the Living Atlas:
- Open and Transparent
- Amazing, beautiful, professional base maps for all
- A constant flow of new data made available
- Professionally curated
- Easy integration in all your maps, apps, and web maps
- Create and build your own base maps to use/share throughout your org.
- Live data feeds and real-time Earth observations are constantly updated
- Vector tile layers (for fast rendering and easy customization)
- OpenStreetMap – yes, OSM data is available!
- Can you guess?? Continue reading and learn more about the Living Atlas of the World in this article