Web Maps for WordPress is easy to use, affordable (how about free!) and the best way to add professional looking maps to your blog posts. You don’t have to be a geographer, GeoGeek, or GIS pro to use this, although if you happen to be one of those, you may really dig the Pro version which allows you to connect your ArcGIS Online with your WordPress blog.
Image credit: GEO Jobe
The following are 10 Things the user can easily accomplish using Web Maps:
- SEARCH – Search millions of interactive web maps using one or more keywords – All public web maps registered with ArcGIS Online that have a name or contain tags matching your keywords will be returned.
- CUSTOM MAPS & MARKERS – Set your own custom map extents and create a map marker to display
- MAP DETAILS – Click map details link – this will take you to the ArcGIS Online item details page where a variety of additional information about this map is available.
- CONFIGURE – Configure the map with many cartography options before the map is embedded.
- CREATE INTERACTIVE MAPS – Embedded maps are fully interactive, which means that users can zoom in/out and identify features on the map.
- ARCGISONLINE CONNECT – All visible data and capabilities exposed on each map layer are controlled within ArcGIS Online by the map creator.
- POP-UPS – For layers with pop-ups enabled, users can click on features to see additional information in a pop-up dialog.
- MAP CONTROLS – Additional map controls exposed to the user (scale bar, legend, etc.) are determined on the WordPress side by the map settings.
- LARGER MAPS – For users that want a more robust experience for interacting with the map, they can click the “view larger map” link which will open the web map up in the ArcGIS Online map viewer.
- INTERACTIVE MAPS – Embedded maps are fully interactive, which means that users can zoom in/out and identify features on the map
Adding beautiful maps and accessing a wealth of content from ArcGIS Online is easy. Best of all, you really don’t have to be a GeoGeek or geek at all to use it! See Web Map below as an example!