You may have missed this one unless you happen to be following the activities out of this year’s FOSS4G in Minneapolis. OpenGeo has announced the release (Beta) of an interesting analytics tool billed as MapMeter. Simply put, Mapmeter sits on top of GeoServer, either within the OpenGeo Suite or standalone, and makes it possible for organizations to monitor production geospatial deployments. Some of the tasks users can accomplish with MapMeter include:
- Monitor key performance indicators such as number of requests and response time with real time and historical views
- Gain real-time and strategic insight into the availability and performance of your GeoServer instance.
- Track key metrics such as response times, error trends, and layer performance.
- Discover trends and find actionable intelligence about the capabilities of your spatial deployments.
- Quickly discover rich details on the efficiency of your system.
- Search and query through your OGC services to understand where attention is needed and why.
- Learn valuable information about where your services are being used.
- See what your users see – down to the very details of the request.
For more information visit Mapmeter.com or see this official PR