Here’s something for the night table and a little late night reading… Starting a small business is hard work. Joseph Callaway has been there, and he shares twelve unexpected tactics—all centered on putting clients first—that will help your company to succeed. In his book he touches on Twelve Not-So-Obvious Tips to Help Small Business Owners Prosper:
- Change your thinking about why you exist.
- Take your business personally.
- Little things matter more than you think.
- Hard times don’t justify stinginess.
- Don’t lie – even if it makes you look better, makes you rich, or keeps a client from walking
- Be honest with yourself, too.
- Treat employees at least as well as you treat your clients.
- Make sure your highest praise comes from your competitors.
- Look for chances to do something fun and special.
- If you aren’t driven to be “number one” with your clients, you might as well close your doors.
- Never, ever fire a tough client.
- A “Clients Last” attitude leaves a long legacy.
The Authors… Joseph Callaway and JoAnn Callaway are coauthors of the New York Times bestseller Clients First: The Two Word Miracle and founders of the real estate company Those Callaways. See more details about the book HERE