Here’s a very cool opportunity I learned about in a tip from Kate Chapman, The Hungry Academy. What an amazing idea, to have people compete for an internship! In a nutshell… The Hungry Academy is an intensive program that will put you in a position to join our engineering team. It’s an exclusive program for two dozen dedicated people who want to build amazing products. The project is looking for someone that they can pay to bring to DC for several months as an intern at LivingSocial so they can learn all they need to be an awesome programmer. Applications must be in by Jan 19, 2012 – See http://hungryacademy.com/
The Hungry Academy is a unique and game changing five-month learning experience. It’s your opportunity to push yourself to the limits. At Hungry Academy you’ll:
- Applications will be considered as they come in and must be submitted by January 9th, 2012
- Join us onsite at LivingSocial’s DC office from March through July.
- Work with and be mentored by the industry’s best programmers.
- Learn how to build successful products using software development tools, like Ruby on Rails.
- Prepare yourself to join LivingSocial’s elite engineering team.
- Have a huge impact on the world of local commerce.