The US Postal service wants you to be green this year so they’ve provided a few tips to help you. FYI, the USPS offers more than a half-billion eco-friendly mailing and shipping supplies, free package pickup and holiday cards printed on recycled paper available in 2,000 Post Offices around the country! And so, 5 tips for greener shipping:
- Green Packaging – The Postal Service has established rigorous sustainable green packaging standards for its Priority Mail and Express Mail supplies, and a majority of ReadyPost boxes, envelopes and labels
- Green Postage – Tens of billions of postage products, including stamps and stamped envelopes and postal cards, are made with post-consumer recycled content, providing an environmentally responsible use for America’s waste paper.
- Green Shipping – Customers can save fuel this Yule by ordering free shipping supplies, print shipping labels and pay for postage, all from the comfort of home or office
- Green Delivery – The Postal Service will deliver 16.5 billion cards, letters and packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve using the largest civilian fleet in the world — 215,000 vehicles
- Recycling – The Postal Service has made recycling a priority. Secure recycle bins in more than 10,000 Post Office lobbies make it easy for customers to read, respond and recycle their PO Box mail during the holidays
For more information about going green with USPS, visit usps.com/green