It’s been amazing to see the news spread as efforts to locate missing Portland OR Geospatial Technologist Mark Bosworth have ramped up over the past several days. Missing for over a week now, the cancer survivor is feared to have a medical condition that makes locating him very crucial, particularly as doctors have recently commented that his condition could be deteriorating rapidly – Bosworth’s doctor suspects his cancer has returned and gone to his brain, affecting the frontal lobe governing memory, reasoning and judgment. See the latest update on OregonLive
- Additional information on the search and rescue efforts can be found at findmark.org and findmarkbosworth.blogspot.com
- Note: a bike ride is planned to take place in N Portland this Saturday – Details HERE
- The Geospatial Tech community has also put together this unofficial crowdsourced map of related information
Mr. Bosworth is described as 6’0″, approximately 180 lbs with grey hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a grey Hoodie style sweatshirt, black bicycle style pants, shoes and a hat. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office tip line at 541-957-2099
For activity on Twitter about Mark be sure to follow the #findMArkBosworth Hashtag and see also @findMArkB
- Mark likely has a BLUE Cycle Oregon wristband on his LEFT wrist.
- Family, friends of missing Cycle Oregon volunteer Mark Bosworth plan bike ride in Portland Saturday