With gas prices at the pump soaring one has to take advantage of any help they can get. Some of the best ways to reduce your bill is to reduce consumption, perhaps via maps and routing apps, ride sharing, and tuning up your car. there’s also a number of useful mobile apps that can help. Truecar.com has compiled a list of some of the best mobile apps available to save money on gas:
- GasBuddy: This application maps or lists gas stations in your current area and can be sorted by distance or price. The cost is free and is available on both the iPhone operating system iOS3.0 or later and the Android 1.5 and up.
- iGasUp: Provides real-time pricing data on 110,000 gas stations from credit card transactions. When you start the application, the ten cheapest gas stations are provided closest to your location, based on price. The application is $0.99 and is compatible with the iPhone iOS2.2.1 or later.
- Waze: Want real-time traffic updates, keeping you from slowing down or idling in traffic? This user-generated data allows users to report traffic jams, accidents, police traps and more. The cost is free and is compatible with iPhone iOS3.0.0 or later.
- Route4me: This application optimizes your route when traveling to multiple destinations to find the best route to your destinations, allowing for 25 to 35 percent better optimized directions. This application is free and available on the iPhone iOS 3.2 or later.
- Carticipate: Carpooling is another way to help you save on gasoline costs. This application enables ride sharing within your network of family, friends and co-workers and matches you to locals going your way. This application is free and compatible with iPhone IOS 3.1.2 or later and also available on Facebook.