My day is pretty much occupied with promoting the industry. I share goodies, tips, tricks, news, updates, info about cool apps, free data, mobile technology to make your job easier etc… basically I’m devoted to promoting everyone else, however, I neglect to promote myself and our business! And so, here’s a very rare and brief shameless plug to remind you about some of the goodies that we churn out from GISuser – some of these things you may not be aware of or have forgotten about:
- The Newsletter – a free, 2X a week GeoTech industry news update in your email – if you’re in the GIS industry and not getting this then you really are missing out (what the heck do you have to loose by getting tips and updates??) – See all of our newsletter here
- The career Center – if you have a job to fill or need a job, browse this fab resource. Posting is a mere $29 Bucks and if that’s too much for you simply ask us and we can hook you up for free
- GISuser Industry Directory – with more than 1,000+ listings, this resource is growing nicely. Listing is free (although we do offer a premium option) and it gets you a little recognition, some good SEO, and free traffic to your website – why the heck wouldn’t you list yourself and/or your company??
- Twitter – Follow us @GISuser – I guarantee you we are the longest running GIS publication to have embraced Twitter and are an industry leader in social media.. guaranteed
- Facebook – Yes indeed, GISuser also has a facebook fan page. You can find it at http://www.facebook.com/GISusers
- LinkedIn Group – This is another space where we were very early adopters and the result is a fabulous following and a terrific community – guaranteed, the BEST and likely largest LinkedIn network of GIS professionals
- Photos (Flickr) – I love photography and I love to share, the result is my Flickr with thousands of images captured from around the World – check it out and add us as a friend.
- Location Services Zone – are you interested in mobile technologies, social location, and LBS? If so then the LBSzone (established in 2003) is for you. We also push out a weekly E-newsletter too
- Articles and more articles – we have thousands of original orticles archived online.. check them out, there’s some great resources here!