Did you know that Esri has an official ESRIUC conference map/webmap? Jump to http://uc2010.esri.com/map/ and check it this fine web service. the map is designed to help attendees find their way around the huge, San Diego convention center (SDCC). Pan around the venue on the map, toggle on/off levels and query or search for rooms by name, the map will return possible hits and show your room on the map with a pin.. very handy! Indeed every conference should have this as a resource… I wonder if there’s an iPhone friendly service that I can pull up on the new ArcGIS iPhone app?
Archives for July 7, 2010
The following are just a few updates we’ve received from exhibitors at the ESRIUC:
- Topcon will be providing demos and drive-along tours of their IP-S2 Integrated High Accuracy mobile mapping system. To arrange for a demo drive visit Topcon at Booth 2115.
- From Wacom, the DTU-2231’s Collaborative Pen-on-screen Workflow to be Showcased Across Conference Including Digital Map Gallery and GeoDesign Session; Demonstrations at Booth #2713. About the DTU-2231… Integration of ArcGIS 10 and the DTU-2231 revolutionizes the way that professionals interact with their GIS data by enhancing geospatial workflows and optimizing efficiency and productivity across the enterprise.
- At the EVC Booth #2309 you can learn about their geospatial data sourcing and services such as DEM creation, imagery interpretation analysis and feature extraction as well as our wide-ranging imagery sourcing capabilities.
- Ashtech, Booth #2715 will be unveiling a new generation of their handheld mapping devices
- LizardTech will be providing demonstrations of LiDAR Compressor as well as their entire Express Suite line of geospatial products in booth #810. LizardTech is an ESRI UC Imagery Sponsor this year and will be presenting “Increase the Power of Your Raster Imagery Using MrSID” on Tuesday, July 13th from 9:00am-10:00am and on Thursday, July 15th from 10:00am-11:00am on the Imagery Island. LizardTech will be part of the Industry Panel Discussion on Wednesday, July 14th from 3:15pm – 4:30pm in Salons A & B of the Omni Hotel. LizardTech will also be part of the Imagery Social event Wednesday night from 5:30pm-7:00pm in the Level 4 East Foyer of the Omni.
- Got news or event info to share??
Chances are good that many people will be using foursquare while at the ESRIUC this year. Now, hopefully people won’t checkin to every session room they hit in the SDCC, however, the occasional checkin from a cool venue will be interesting and helpful to others. If you hit a great party, like say the Federal reception or maybe an awesome vendor party, be sure to checkin and share some info. Esri has some plans for foursquare use at the UC (See HERE for more) and I’ve also noticed a few tips on foursquare placed by the ESRIUC team. Actually, team Esri has placed foursquare tips on ALL the venues offering attendees a discount on lunch on Monday… good job! See more about Esri use of foursquare
Speaking of that, if you’re planning an event be sure to leave a tip at that venue to help people that are checking in. For example, on Sunday night we’re having a Tweet-Up at Dick’s. So, I’ve left a handy tip on the Dick’s last resort venue page (See http://foursquare.com/venue/9450) on foursquare that describes briefly how people can win a prize simply by checking in and giving me a mention! You might consider something similar! Make sure you checkin from Dick’s when there and maybe we can get a SWARM going!
Yes indeed, I am a foursquare “Super User”!