Team Esri shared an update with us about an interesting track at the UC – the Imagery@UC2010 Track. The Imagery@UC2010 track will provide an easy way to participate in all technical presentations, moderated paper sessions, and special interest events related to using remotely sensed data in GIS. The track will be held in Ballroom A and B at the Omni Hotel throughout the week. The event will begin Tuesday, July 13, with a Keynote Address by Jan Van Sickle, president of Van Sickle LLC.
The Imagery@UC2010 track will help attendees
- Understand the properties of raster data including pyramids, compression, resampling, and raster renderers and how to best use them through ArcGIS.
- Learn about the new image analysis window. This window provides a streamlined environment for performing image enhancements and image processing.
- Gain an understanding of the mosaic dataset, a new geodatabase raster data model for managing large collections of raster and image data and defining and refining the metadata and processing applied to this data.
- Choose the appropriate raster data model.
- Work with various sensor platforms such as Landsat, QuickBird, and IKONOS.
- Display images in a continuous, smooth display while panning and zooming.