Headed to the ESRIUC this year? If so, be sure to crank out a nice map of your local area, county, State or ?? and bring it along to contribute to the Urban Landscapes Map of the World. This community effort builds on the concepts that will be presented in this year’s conference keynote by Richard Saul Wurman – note: Wurman created the award-winning ACCESS city guide and launched the first TED event back in 1984. Some additional info about your map:
- Create a hard-copy map at 1:250,000 scale.
- Include the boundary and a basemap (topo, roads, etc.).
- Include your name and organization name on the map.
- Show anything you’d like about your city (population, tourist attractions, crime, etc.).
- Please send an e-mail to help us plan the display. The people monitoring this email can also answer any questions you have.
- more info on the ESRIUC blog