Via way of the Bing Maps team we hear about a new resource… The Global Action Atlas – the application allows users to peer into areas where our planet needs help and recognizes efforts across the globe to help people in need, protect plants and animals, preserve diverse cultures (Source: Bing Maps blog). The actionable themes availble from the Atlas include:
- Conservation: Includes categories on animals and plants; fresh water; landscapes; migrations and corridors; and oceans and coastal areas.
- Climate Change: Focuses on projects having to do with forest conservation and management; renewable energy; reforestation; and ocean impacts.
- Cultures: Features projects focusing on preserving endangered languages; cultural preservation; archeology; and indigenous rights.
- Energy: Focuses on technology; energy efficiency; and energy investment.
- Exploration: Focuses on taking action to help preserve our planet; to explore its mysteries through sustainable travel; and to raise awareness about cultures and environments, and science and adventure projects.
- Humanitarian Affairs: Includes projects focusing on water and sanitation; emergency relief; health; education; empowering women; and poverty and hunger.
For more information about National Geographic’s Global Action Atlas, visit the National Geographic site.