Today in DC, The Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade, and Consumer Protection and the Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet will hold a joint hearing titled, “The Collection and Use of Location Information for Commercial Purposes.” Details of the session along with transcripts are now available online for viewing – SEE HERE. Witnesses included:
- Lorrie Cranor, Associate Professor, Computer Science and Engineering and Public Policy, Carnegie Mellon University
- Mike Altschul, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, CTIA – The Wireless Association
- John B. Morris, Jr., General Counsel, Center for Democracy and Technology
- Anne Collier, Co-Director, ConnectSafely.org
- Jerry King, Chief Operating Officer, uLocate Communications, Inc.
- Tony Bernard, Vice President and General Manager, Useful Networks