From SymbianOne.com – 2008 was a busy year for the Symbian ecosystem. Many noteworthy moments took place including the arrival of the Nokia N95 8GB in the USA, the release of comes with music, the Samsung INNOV8, a new look for Forum Nokia, the 10 year celebration of Symbian, a shift towards open source and the launch of the Symbian Foundation – read on for a recap of Symbian OS related features highlighted here at SymbianOne this past year – enter Symbian 2008, a recap.
Archives for December 29, 2008
The economy may be down but its not out! Seems amazon.com just experienced the best online holiday shopping season ever… Amazon.com’s 14th Holiday Season Is Best Ever with over 6.3 million items ordered worldwide on the peak day, Dec. 15 – a record-breaking 72.9 items per second shipped to over 210 countries. Some Amazon.com 2008 Holiday Facts
* Amazon.com sold enough “Breaking Dawn” books that stacked end to end they would reach the summit of Mt. Everest eight times.
* During the period from Nov. 15 – Dec. 10, Amazon sold one copy of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 every 2.5 minutes.
* The weight of all GPS devices sold from Black Friday through December equals the combined weight of 151 Mini Coopers.
* Amazon sold enough high-performance headphones that everyone attending the last three Super Bowls could grab a set and rock out.
* Amazon Grocery sold enough coffee to give each resident of the highly caffeinated city of Seattle a cup per day for two months.
* Amazon sold enough Coldplay CDs that laid side by side they’d stretch from Seattle to Violet Hill (a street in London and the album’s first single) and more than halfway back.
A cool pin collection featuring the special survey markers that are hidden around the resort.. this from Amerisurv.com… Patty Winter, the author of the Disney World article that appeared in our September 2007 issue e-mailed me recently to let me know that Disney World has released a HIDDEN MICKEY PIN – FUN ICONS – SURVEY MARKER five-pin set. Patty went on to say, “They aren’t being sold, so short of wandering around WDW looking for a cast member to trade with, the only way I know of to get one is on eBay. There have been quite a few available there.” Find out more HERE
I’m always impressed with imagery, photography, aerial photos etc… but there’s something about a 360 degree panorama that makes you sit back and go wow! This one is no exception as we get a tour of the cockpit of the airbus A380 – photography by Gilles Vidal… See the Panorama HERE