A recent visit to the HERE maps HQ in Berkeley, California reminded me just how awesome this in vehicle navigation experience really is. Best of all HERE maps functions equally well completely offline… and did I mention that HERE mobile is free?
Like many of the readers here, I’m into maps, mapping technology and anything location-aware it seems. A recent visit to the California HQ of HERE (think Nokia maps) provided me with a glimpse inside the company and an up close look at the technology they use to create and deliver such an awesome in-vehicle mapping experience.
From HERE… HERE offers fast, accurate maps that are always ready to use, with or without an internet connection. Search for places, find routes and get turn-by-turn voice guidance wherever you are. Underground, on holiday, or even in the middle of nowhere: HERE just works, always.
- Offline navigation: Interactive maps and turn-by-turn voice guidance are still available even without an internet connection.
- Maps to download and to use offline for nearly 100 countries.
- Public transport maps and directions for over 800 cities in over 40 countries, also when you’re offline.
- Live traffic info for more than 40 countries.
- Plan your journey on beta.here.com, then find your way there using your mobile.
- Personalise your map by creating Collections of your favourite places.
- Share your location with family and friends in real time as you go via Glympse. It’s private, secure and safe.