The Esri conference season is well underway with the FedUC in DC and the DevSummit in Palm Springs having taken place. Glenn was on location at DevSummit in Palm springs and shares some images in this gallery… enjoy! Were you at DevSummit? What did you enjoy and take away from the event?
The one where I drive back to San Diego from Palm Springs and talk about a few days at DevSummit with the GeoGeeks! In this solo edition I rolled a solo Devsummit summary while driving back from Palm Springs… What did you like most about DevSummit?
The EDN gang in Redlands CA and in other hot spots around the US, like D.C and Portland, are busy prepping for Esri DevSummit 2014 which will take place, as usual, in Palm Springs, CA – Save the Date, March 10-13 – you might want to think about nagging the boss for a ticket to the Springs before the year-end budget has been blown!
No doubt some of you are in Palm Springs this week for the annual Esri BP Summit and the Dev Summit where team Esri will be showcasing their latest solution offerings and sharing their roadmap for the future… those of you not there you will also hear more on this in July at ESRIUC. Recall you can stay informed of updates from the Springs by following @esridevsummit on Twitter as well as the #devsummit hashtag – keep an eye open for links to videos from Esri and updates from this morning’s plenary! Some interesting updates on the twitter stream today as the GeoGeeks have been sharing loads of goodies… here’s a few interesting tweets:
- @JimBarry New site for developers in time for #Esri #DevSummit http://developers.arcgis.com
- @SterlingGIS You’ll be able to “federate” your ArcGIS server with Portal for ArcGIS, allowing shared identity store and hosting of services
- @chrisjepps Scott Morehouse onstage – lots of mentions of Apps and even an App marketplace (18 months away?) #DevSummit
- @RichRuh ArcGIS platform is “what we used to call ArcGIS Online” – Scott Morehouse #DevSummit
- @DaleLoberger “#GIS has always been more than pins in a map or driving from here to there.” Scott Morehouse #DevSummit << its a platform for analytics!
- @dafkobyte Reminder: ArcGIS Viewer 3.2 for Flex source is now on GitHub
- @DaleLoberger “Fork your code.”on http//esri.github.com or better yet “pool it back.” Euan Cameron #DevSummit – Developers are a community (or “platform”)
- @skendrot World Geocode service and World Routing service fully documented for developers to use in http://arcgis.com apps #DevSummit
- @SethPatrich “We are sending the program to the data, rather than sending the data to the program” –Mansour Raad on Big Data with Hadoop. #devsummit
- NOTE – Esri #DevSummit Plenary Videos and The Adventures of Dev Dude now online