TELUS this week dolled out $100,000 grand prize to the winner of their latest Pitch competition. What’s really impressive though is the amazing success this competition saw! In total, the TELUS Pitch 2019 competition handed out more than $170,000 in cash, prizes and services
In this, Canada’s largest small business competition, FoodFund Inc. received a $100,000 cash prize to help further build their business. They were chosen from a group of five finalists who emerged from more than 6,400 entrants from across Canada!
TELUS Pitch 2019 – by the numbers:
- A record 6,400+ entries were received;
- All eligible provinces and territories in Canada were represented;
- 45 per cent of the entries came from Ontario, with another 45 per cent coming from Alberta and BC;
- 50 per cent of all entries received were businesses that have been operating for less than two years;
- Over 70 per cent of entrants came from rural communities across Canada;
- In the top 100, there was an even representation of both women and men entrepreneurs;
- 83 per cent of all entries were from businesses with less than five employees;
- Entries spanned 17 industries, including real estate, IT and telecom, construction, manufacturing, trade and retail.
See more on the TELUS Business page