Migrating or making the switch to Pro doesn’t need to be scary or intimidating, although it does seem that users have been somewhat slow or apprehensive to make the switch. Have you switched yet?
Esri folks do indicate that pretty much everything you are used to, as well as most of your existing projects and tools, should be readily usable from Pro (expect about 95% of what you have created to come into Pro without any pain). After hearing from some users it seems that a number of orgs are also adopting a side-by-side approach of continuing with ArcMap in some capacity while easing into using Pro. There are a number of resources to help you make the switch to Pro in your organization.
Here’s 10 handy resources to help you make the switch to ArcGIS Pro:
- Installation Options (you may require help from an Admin)
- Tips for ArcMap users moving to Pro
- An introduction to Pro for ArcMap users – This guide answers general questions and will help get you started.
- ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials – intro to basic operations and more
- Esri Product manager Video – Intro to ArcGIS Pro
- From Tripp Corbin, Intro to ArcGIS Pro video webinar
- Understanding GIS: An ArcGIS Pro Project Workbook, Third Edition
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro teaches the fundamentals of making 2D and 3D maps. From Esri, Getting started with ArcGIS Pro provides details of system requirements, how to access Pro and authorize your licenses.
- Video – Going Pro: ArcGIS Pro Essentials for ArcMap User, from Esri Training
10 Things I like about ArcGIS Pro, by Chris North