Some new research on trends in mobility… According to Forrester, there will be one billion smartphone consumers by 2016, with 257 million smartphones and 126 million tablets in the U.S. alone. Businesses will implement the following five trends in response to this mobile movement, transforming how we experience shopping, business collaboration, travel and marketing.
1. Ultra-Personalization in Mobile Marketing: Businesses will capture a user’s context to create better results for marketing campaigns by ensuring that every customer, worker and supplier is hyper-productive and engaged.
2. Building Mobile Consortiums to Put “Consumers First”: Organizations are turning the idea of “our business app” on its head by making it instead the “the consumer app”.
3. Brick and Mortar Discovers the Power of Geography: Interior GPS tracking will gain traction and sophistication to the point that retailers will be able to help customers with information to facilitate a buying decision.
4. Business Intelligence through Mobile Channels: Business intelligence will soon deliver real-time information to any device and screen size exactly when a user needs it.
5. Creating Mobile Moments: Mobile moments occur when organizations enhance interactions with customers through the use of mobile apps by leveraging a customer’s immediate context.
To see these trends in action, view or download the infographic “Five Mobility Trends for the Modern Business.”