This week at the annual Trimble Dimensions conference in Vegas, the company officially released the latest update to SketchUp, the awesome 3D modeling environment. the following are just 10 of the new features and functionality awaiting users:
- 64-bit Support: In addition to continued support for 32-bit systems, SketchUp Pro 2015 is available in a 64-bit version for Windows and Mac.
- IFC Import: In addition to export, SketchUp Pro users can now share models between Building Information Modeling (BIM) tools and apply industry standard types that stay with the model as it travels with SketchUp 2015’s new IFC file import.
- Ruby API and Extension Warehouse Enhancements: A variety of improvements to SketchUp’s Ruby API
- Faster Core: Models render faster with core modeling performance improvements
- Professional Drafting: Using SketchUp’s LayOut 2D drawing and documentation tool, users can manage drawings more easily and display more data from their information models
- Modeling Tools: With the addition of a 3-point Arc tool, users can now draw arced edges four different ways.
- Expanded 3D Warehouse
- SketchUp Pro 2015 also supports 3D CAD and BIM services
- download starts with a 30-day trial of Pro features
- 2015 Pro licenses can be used on a Mac or a PC
See more on Twitter #TrimbleDimensions2014