Something innovative from the CartoDB crew (timely given their recent announcement of CartoDB Enterprise) … The Map Academy, a series of online mapping courses – Learn to create maps on the web and visualize geospatial data.
The first course is ‘Online Mapping for Beginners’, which gives a walk through of many CartoDB capabilities. It’s available as 5 ‘chapters’ of 10 minutes or so each that you can follow along with at your own pace. You can get the data for the tutorials at the Map Academy page – see http://academy.cartodb.com/courses/01-beginners-course.html
What will you learn…
- Create interactive map data visualizations.
- Import and manage your data.
- Visualize data from different sources.
- Improve the way you tell stories with maps.
- Reuse open datasets.
- Share maps with your organization.
Who is this for…
- Business Analysts.
- Marketing Managers.
- Map enthusiastics.
- Web cartographers.
See The Map Academy