What do the USGS, Bloomberg, USA Today, the United Nations, the National Park Service, the FBI and others have in common? All of these well known orgs rely on MAPublisher software from Avenza systems to help them create and author awesome maps for their clients, customers, and the public. At R. 9.4 MAPublisher boasts loads of new functionality to support your cartographic and map publishing needs. In addition to supporting pretty much ALL of the most common GIS and mapping data formats, MAPublisher works seamlessly with all common GIS and mapping platforms.
And so, the following are 10 New Features in MAPublisher 9.4 (for Illustrator):
- Streamlined data import: Import (formerly Simple Import) and Multiple Data Import (formerly known as Advanced Import).
- New image attribute type to store an image for each record in a layer’s MAP Attribute table. Image attributes are supported when importing from the PDF Maps app (in KMZ format) and exporting to Google Earth (in KMZ format).
- Export Document to Web Tiles now supports MapBox and Tile Map Service map providers. A new anti-aliasing option to optimize art or type is now available.
- New ability to export a coordinate system file for non-geospatial image formats.
- New ability to specify grid constraints to limit the geographical extent of a Measured Grid. In addition, a new option is available for ticks to follow the line at the grid boundary.
- New file export option to assign metadata for TAB/MIF and KML/KMZ formats. The metadata assignment option allows layer attributes to be assigned to format specific metadata fields.
- Improved preview quality makes it easier to see how settings affect the scale bar.
- Newly designed MAP Layer icons and feature type icons.
- Various user interface and performance enhancements to improve usability.
- support images imported from the PDF Maps app on both iOS and Android platforms