An interesting product launch from MLB and Mapquest this week to celebrate the MLB opening season. Users can customize their mobile navigation experience (iOS and Android) with their team colors , icons, wallpapers, and accent colors by purchasing their team kit upgrade (note, a small cost of $1.99 is required). About the app from Mapquest – MapQuest is here to help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
In the partnership with MLB users will get Mapquest-powered mapping and directions through an exclusive app-to-app experience within the “MLB.com At the Ballpark” smartphone app, as well as integrated into MLB.com and all 30 MLB team websites.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
• NEW! Show your team spirit with MLB.com Team Kits, available for purchase in-app, Custom logos, start screen, accent colors and saved routes to the game ensure your navigation app is as die-hard as you are!
• IMPROVED! Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our now, more accurate ETA feature
• MapQuest has all the features you need: voice-guided, turn-by-turn navigation, live traffic updates, location sharing, as well as walking and driving directions help you get to your destination, stress-free.
• Beat traffic with our automatic re-routing feature
• Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button
• Customized layers help you quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more!
• Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster
• Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices