Something new from Microsoft designed to reduce the commercialization of student Web searches performed on the school network. Bing for Schools also enhances privacy protections, sets strict filters to help block adult content and adds specialized learning features to promote digital literacy. Schools can request to be part of the initial Bing for Schools pilot program at http://www.bing.com/schools. Bing for Schools includes the following elements:
- Ad-free search.Upon activating Bing for Schools, Bing searches from within the school network will have three key enhancements:
- Removal of all advertisements from Bing search results
- Automatic strict filtering to help block adult content
- Augmented privacy protections
- Earn Bing Rewards credits for schools. You can help the school of your choice earn credits toward Bing Rewards just by searching the Web from home or your mobile device.
- Daily lesson plans based on the Bing daily homepage image
Check it out at http://www.bing.com/schools.