On the heels of a recent update for Android (yep, Android users always get the first update to Google maps) an update for iPhon and iPad is now available. The update boasts an enhanced UI and a dedicated new iPad experience.
So, what’s New in Version 2.0?
- Optimized iPad experience: A dedicated tablet design brings all the features of Google Maps, including Street View, to a larger screen, which makes exploring the world from the comfort of your living room engaging and fun
- Enhanced Navigation: When you’re stuck in traffic and wondering what the holdup is, use Google Maps on your iPhone to get live incident reports on road closures, construction, accidents, and more.
- Biking directions and navigation: For you bike enthusiasts out there, get turn-by-turn directions and voice guided navigation for more than 330,000 miles of trails, paths, and bike lanes around the world
- Explore is a fast and easy way to visually browse and discover new places without typing a single letter. Simply tap the search box and you’ll see cards showing great local places to eat, drink, shop, play, and sleep.
- Reviews, Zagat and Offers: There’s a new 5.0 star rating system that gives you a quick read on how your friends and others rate places like restaurants, bars, and cafes