Online webinars and online education and training is hot, not to mention very handy and educational – oh, and it’s Free! Many folks are looking for a little competitive edge or simply into multi-tasking and enjoy running a webinar in the background while they work. For the GeoTech professional in search of online training there’s a vast amount of content on the web sitting in archives and just waiting for you. So, if you’re interested in a training class or two, here’s a decent collection of resources that I’m sure you’ll find to be very handy… enjoy!
- Intergraph Geospatial Webinar Archives – A large collection of training sessions and webianrs from Intergraph that touch on ERDAS, GeoMedia and other related topics and products
- The Intergraph Get Smart webinar series – A number of webinars planned for SmartPlant users
- Safe Software Webinars – The crew from Safe hosts monthly webianrs and also provides a handy online archive of recorded webinars. There’s definitely something here for everyone, particularly those of you considering using Safe’s products or just wanting to polish your FME skills.
- Esri Live Training – Esri offers live training sessions, typically streamed 3X a day on session days. Reminder emails are available to those interested in staying informed of future events. A large collection of recorded webinars are available.
- #MapThis Webinar Series – Over the next few months, Jeremy Weber will be leading a series of FREE “MapCasts” that focus on various aspects of the ArcGIS Online platform. Topics will range from the vision of the platform, best practices, use cases, etc. He will also set aside time to discuss challenges, uncertainties and other barriers to adoption with attendees. The first MapCast in the series is titled Part One: “The Vision” and will be held on November 13, 2012 at 3:00 PM CST.
- LizardTech Webinars – The seattle-based Lizardtech offers periodic training and product updates via live webinar. Several events are still planned and a number of archived webinars have been recorded and placed in the library for your viewing.
- WeoGeo Hangouts wit James Fee – The WeoGeo team host weekly Hangouts with host James Fee. The one on one style interviews last about 30 minutes and typically give you a chance to hangout with a cutting edge geo tech leader or a geogeek who’s doing some crwazy, awesome things lately! Hangouts can be viewed live every Wed at 10 AM (PDT) and the entire archive is available on YouTube.
- American Sentinal U – ASU has archived a handy webinar from the past titled Top 5 skills you need to be a successful career in GIS. The video is quite long but gives you a chance to listen to Joseph Kerski from Esri
- Trimble Webinar series – Trimble has archived several webinars that introduces users to their rugged handheld GPS solutions. Very handy for anyone looking for field solutions and hardware.
- iVault Webinars – A regular webinar provider, iVault also has a large collection of recorded webinars, many for the Government and Telecommunications industries.
- BlueMarble Geographics – BlueMarble provides users with software training, tips and tricks via webinar. Get tips to help with global Mapper and BM Desktop products
GeoTech news archive – we regularly post news and announcements about coming educational opportunities, training, and webinars. Check out this news archive on GISuser to see who else is offering training