Instagram is fun and not to mention darned popular! Plain, vanilla Instagram is cool, however, there’s a number of ways to enhance your Instagram experience. the following are add on apps, tools and cool services that enable the user to integrate and add functionality to your Instagram experience (PS: Instagram is also very useful for business if you haven’t figured that out yet):
- Blurb – create a cool book from your favorite Instagram photos. Simply hit the site, connect the service to your Instagram account, edit captions and add/remove photos from your book gallery… pretty simple and fun!
- Statigram – Ever wondered about your Instagram stats? Statigram is designed to help you manage just that. Use the app to check your detailed gallery view stats, managed liked photos, see who’s following back and who isn’t and much more – you can even connect privately with others is that happens to be your thing.
- Multiple Photos in one – One photo is great but 3 in one is awesome perhaps. There’s several apps that can help you to achieve this result including PicFrame for iOS (see iTunes) and Diptic (iOS and Android) and PhotoGrid for Android. Photoshake is another cool app that is available in iTunes and Google Play
- Instafeed, also known as Instagram.me gives you a handy Instagram homepage. Instafeed is a nice experience for browsing online, search favorites, like others, post comments and more but in a much nicer environment – you also get a custom vanity url for your feed which is handy for sharing with others – I’ve been a user for a long time now!
- Browsing with gramfeed – Browsing Instagrams can be a bit dull with many folks restricted to simply browsing their friends and the home stream via the Instagram app. Gramfeed is a cool app where you can easily browse photos by hashtag (yes, you should be hashtagging your photos). Photos are displayed on the map as well as in a stream Browse your photos, your likes and popular photos…
- Flipagram lets you create videos from your photo feed – Select the photos you want to share, sort them, refine your selection and add music to the background, create and share your video. (available for iOS in iTunes)
- Padgram for iPad – Want to enjoy Instagram on iPad? Want to get more likes and followers? Then Padgram is designed for you. (See iTunes)
- InstaChimp – designed specifically for users of MailChimp, Instachimp enables quick, easy and fun sharing of your Instagram photos with others. Simply connect the account with your MailChimp login and get started
- Timehop – Ever wondered what you were doing one year ago today? This fun service enables you to quickly connect your Instragram (and other networks) to find out what you were posting exactly a year ago today – fun stuff!
- Fourist – see the best of popular places from Instagram – No rocket science here, however, it does show you what kind of simple service one can create with the Instagram API. Fourist curates photos from around the World and organizes them by city to present a nice best of gallery
See ALSO – Social Media Tip Marketing Kit – Includes a Social Marketer’s Guide to Pinterest - The Essentials of Marketing Kit – 2012 Edition, brings together the latest in information, coverage of important developments, and expert commentary to help with your marketing related decisions. Some useful tidbits here for those interested in Pinterest
Know your privacy and safety settings – The latest build of instagram has some decent privacy settings available for users. See this blog post from Instagram on how to setup your privacy