Doing business in Canada can be a little challenging, particularly to stay in the know about public tenders, RFPs and bid opportunities. Many local governments maintain their own RFP and tender section on their website, I suggest you search your local resources for these, however, there’s also a number of official Provincial government resources of interest. these can be a little tricky to locate online, mainly because there are a large number of copy-cat private RFP services that masquerade as official hubs. These knock-off tender sites typically have a government look and feel and will often offer email alert services typically at a cost. The official government resources are free and open, for the most part, although some of these sites do offer paid for alert notification services. I’m totally opposed to the governments forcing businesses to pay or subscribe to a paid for service in order to access public tenders and RFPs – that’s a total OpenGov Fail in my mind!
And so, in order to help you stay informed about potential RFPs and bids in Canada, here’s a number of useful, official government tender web resources of interest:
- Nova Scotia Tenders
- PEI Tenders
- New Brunswick Tenders
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tenders
- Ontario – no public tender system rather they appear to use the Merx.com commercial service (Fail)
- Quebec – ??? again, another disaster to attempt to locate provincial government RFPs, perhaps this is available but in French only!
- Saskatchewan Tenders
- Alberta Purchasing Connection
- Infrastructure Alberta
- British Columbia – For an annual fee of $100, you can create your own custom commodity profile and receive alerts
- Government of Yukon Tenders
- Government of Nanuvut Tenders