Created by IDV Solutions using some 50+ years of historical hurricane track data, this animation walks you through hurricane season from 1951-2011. About the 3 minute clip… Animation shows the annual migration of tornadoes northward throughout the season. Brightness of the track is tied to tornado severity. See more about the effort on the IDV blog
Archives for June 25, 2012
App Annie analytics for Google play is now available for developers of apps for the Android community. I haven’t tried the service myself, however, it seems of interest, in particular boasting free registrations, fast signup, detailed visualizations of your google stats, and daily email reports. What’s very handy is the reporting on sales by geography and graphic reports of your sales.
From the developer… With App Annie for Google Play, publishers are now able to simultaneously track their iOS, Mac and Google Play Android apps within a single, cross-platform dashboard. App Annie for Google Play features the following three products:
- Analytics for Google Play: App Annie’s free, cross-platform analytics service, allows publishers to conveniently track all of their app’s commercial data. With App Annie’s unified dashboard, publishers can track downloads, revenues, rankings, reviews, featured placements and international breakdowns in one place. And because the service is cross-platform, publishers can directly track their iOS, Mac and Google Play apps side by side.
- Store Stats for Google Play: App Annie’s free ranking stats database delivers the entire Google Play app store rankings to users’ fingertips for monitoring, analysis and trend-spotting. Store Stats connects users with an array of data on Google Play apps, including daily ranks, historical ranking, category breakdown, country breakdown, global user ratings, chart movers, active installs and featured placement tracking. Combined, this data allows publishers to track their competitors and better understand the global market dynamics.
- Intelligence for Google Play: App Annie’s premium, enterprise-grade service provides the most advanced market data intelligence available for the app stores.
- Introducing App Annie for Google Play
Sure we post loads of GIS and Geo tech news announcements and updates on GISuser and in the newsletter etc… however, we also touch on a fair bit of interesting material that some might consider to be a little off-beat. Some of the interesting tech items we’ve shared over the past week that might fall under that category are the following.. enjoy!
- Video – Huu-ay-aht First Nations unlock the wealth of their lands using the Insight Land Registry
- CloverPoint PROMISES TO BRING MAPPING TO THE MASSES WITH MapSocial
- 17 Year Old Pays $10 To Attend Big Brand Mobile Developer Hackathon, Wins, Gets Offer from facebook
- Community Efforts Mapping Fort Collins Colorado #HighParkFire
- Beyond Apple and Google a number of companies are hoping to find success with new mapping technology
- Microsoft Announces Surface: New Family of PCs for Windows
- Learn Like It’s Your Job: 18 Portable Skills Every Recent College Graduate Should Have
- 2012 CoreLogic Storm Surge Report Reveals Four Million U.S. Homes at Risk for Hurricane Storm Surge