A new app for Android device users lets you unplug and go off the grid for a few days, then reconnect based on some pre-defined parameters. While offline you can have pre-scheduled updates and messages sent and still enjoy your down time. With the new app – which is available free of charge and free of any advertising –Android users can:
- Schedule unplugging time in advance. At the scheduled time, your smartphone will switch to silent, vibrate, call reject or airplane mode, depending on your selection.
- Generate an automatic text message when the phone is in “call reject” mode – such as “I’m taking ‘me’ time” – so anyone calling your phone will know you’re taking a break from technology.
- Automatically post status updates to Facebook and Twitter, should you choose to tell your friends how you’re spending your unplugging time and the duration of the break.
- Stop worrying about forgetting to reset your phone to ring mode after unplugging time is over – the new app automatically does it for you.
- Get instant reminders of upcoming breaks from technology that you have scheduled.