An interesting update to a social location platform billed as an alternative to foursquare, has been rolled out by LoSo and it’s geared specifically for bar and restaurant owners.Here’s the idea… before hitting the town, LoSo users can check out every restaurant and bar within a 10-mile radius. Unlike other local apps which display “directories” of places, LoSo wants to give people more by also incentivizing their visits. Designed to not just get patrons in the door, but to keep them coming back, LoSo’s Restaurant QReward Points are good for free drinks, food, prizes and more from local businesses. Some of the features of the app:
- LoSo features over 800,000 restaurants and bars and we show you Facebook and Twitter feeds from over 250,000 places.
- Checkin and let your friends know where you’re at and see where they are.
- Earn points good for free food, drinks and specials each time you scan a QRewards code at participating bars, clubs and restaurants.
- LoSo only features restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs, and venues – locations you want to be social at.
- When you go out, say What’s Up! with a photo, video or message telling everyone what is going on at your location.