Like many of you, I’m sure you’re astounded by the number of your contacts, friends, and associates that have changed jobs recently. I receive regular updates via my LinkedIn service that tells me just how many of my contacts have changed their job and the number blows my mind! Finding a job is challenging indeed, however, more and more folks are turning to Twitter for that edge. I’ve just rolled out an article that takes a closer look at how to use Twitter to find a job, I look at a recent GeoGeek success story, thanks to twitter, and finish off with a number of common sense tips and tricks.
So how can you get an edge? Well, I’m a good listener and observer and I can tell you that having some contacts within the hiring org and hearing about the position prior to being widely posted can give you a massive advantage. Using web resources and social media streams is a perfect tool. But what can you do?
Some other helpful hints & tips:
- Keep your resume and cover letter templates up to date
- Create multiple resume versions and cover letters tailored for a specific type of job
- Create a good LinkedIn profile – many if not most hiring agents use LinkedIn
- Keep your social media profiles and accounts clean and professional – HR people will search you!
- If you see jobs posted in discussion boards on LinkedIn then reply Privately to the posting person
See more in the complete article – Using Social Media and Twitter To Land The Perfect Job – Tips, Tricks, Trends and a Happy Ending