More treats for you shutterbugs like me! Here’s a fun, new device announced this week by Pentax – the Pentax K-01. Some very cool news out of Pentax.When is a camera more than a photographer’s tool? The answer is when it’s an object designed by Marc Newson, one of the most acclaimed and influential contemporary designer – Enter the Pentax K-01 (pronounced ‘kay- zero-one). The K-01 will be available in yellow, black and white in March 2012 for $749.95USD (body only) and $899.95USD (lens kit including new DA 40mm XS)
About the advanced functionality… The elimination of an optical viewfinder and quick-return mirror gave Newson more freedom in designing the camera body, and the K-01 showcases Newson originality in every detail. Available in black, white and Newson’s signature yellow colors, the K-01 features the designer’s autograph logo stamp on the bottom of each camera.
Key features of the PENTAX K-01 include:
- Durable machined aluminum frame under a stylish black, white, or yellow exterior.
- PENTAX mirrorless body design is compatible with 25+ million PENTAX K-mount lenses spanning decades.
- Large 16 megapixel APS-C sized CMOS image sensor with low noise image capture and multiple aspect ratios.
- Bright, high-resolution 3-inch LCD with 920,000 dots.
- Full HD 1080p video capture at 30 FPS with h.264 compression (60 FPS at 720p) features outstanding video capture flexibility.
- Sensor-shift PENTAX Shake and Dust Reduction system is compatible with every mounted PENTAX lens.
- Fast 6 FPS burst mode is ideal for fast-action photography.
- See more on Youtube atwww.youtube.com/pentaxian1