The State of Pennsylvania Tourism agency has been a long time user of foursquare and this year will extend the offerings of those who checkin to special venues in the State with a special Groundhog Day badge. Actually, they offered it first in 2010, some info… n May 2010, Pennsylvania became the first state in the nation to partner with Foursquare by populating the network with more than 200 state tourism attractions and creating three custom badges: “PA Shooflyer,” “PA Retail Polka,” and “PA 4 Score & 7.” In 2011, PA launched a brand new badge: Lock & Keystone.
This Groundhog Day, you can earn the 2012 “PA Groundhog Day” badge by following these fun and simple steps:
1. Follow visitPA on Foursquare by going to foursquare.com/visitpa
2. Check in anywhere in the world and shout “groundhog” between 12:00am – 11:59pm EST on February 2, 2012
- Map of Punxsutawney (PDF)
- History of Groundhog Day (PDF)
- Punxsutawney’s official Groundhog site.
- Official PR Pennsylvania Partners With Foursquare to Offer Groundhog Day Badge