Recall, LizardTech recently announced their GeoViewer app for iPad (iOS), their solution for viewing massive imagery compressed as MrSID and JPEG 2000 formats on your iPad. Users can expect to have access to a fair amount of functionality including the following:
- Open MrSID and JPEG 2000 images.
- Select bands to view from a multispectral image.
- Explore imagery by panning, zooming and zooming out.
- Add vector overlays (Esri Shapefiles and KML files) to get more out of image layers.
- Center on your GPS location so you can see what’s nearby.
- Measure the distance between a series of points.
- Identify geolocation by touching on any image.
- View layer properties, including coordinate reference system, geo bounding box, dimensions, colorspace, datatype, and resolution.
- Search by geographic coordinates in WGS 84 (Lat/Long) or the image’s native coordinate reference system.
- Set viewing preferences (band selection, layer line color, etc.).
For more info on the GeoViewer app see more on the Lizardtech website at www.lizardtech.com/products/gv