Companies considering the implementation of a social media strategy and social media policy have lots to think about. Not only is there the consideration of who will take care of all aspects of social media but there’s also the effort of designing and implementing a formal social strategy and policy. There’s a number of resources available online, almost to the point of information overload, and there’s also some key things one might take into consideration including the following:
- Which employees will have access to social media sites during business hours, which sites will they be provided access to, during what hours, and for what purposes (business and/or non-business)
- How will you handle mis-use of social networks and what will constitute misuse?
- What kind of action would you take in the event of a problem?
- Do you have a policy in place and who does it apply to?
- IS social media employee use to be monitored?
- Will policies cover use at work and outside of work?