Some of the latest metrics about social media are out from Comscore with no huge surprises I guess… The study on mobile social media usage based on data from its comScore MobiLens service, showed that 72.2 million Americans accessed social networking sites or blogs on their mobile device in August 2011, an increase of 37 percent in the past year. The study also provided new insights into how mobile users interact with social media, finding that more than half read a post from an organization, brand or event while on their mobile device.
- Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Post Mobile Growth of at Least 50 Percent
- Majority of Mobile Social Networkers Read Posts from Brands While on Their Device
- More than Half of Mobile Social Networkers Access Sites on a Near Daily Basis
- Facebook Mobile Audience Approaches 60 Million Users
- 70 Percent of Mobile Social Networkers Posted a Status Update While on Their Mobile Device