Some interesting stats on the consumption of digital data by iPad users come from the latest research out of Comscore. Of interest, iPads dominate among tablets in driving digital traffic. In August 2011, iPads delivered 97.2 percent of all tablet traffic in the U.S. iPads have also begun to account for a higher share of Internet traffic than iPhones (46.8 percent vs. 42.6 percent of all iOS device traffic). Some additional research from the findings:
- Mobile phones drive digital traffic around the world, while tablets are gaining steam.
- Increased WiFi availability and mobile broadband adoption in the U.S. are helping drive connectivity.
- iPads dominate among tablets in driving digital traffic.
- In the U.S., tablet users display the characteristics of early technology adopters
- Nearly half of tablet owners made or completed a purchase on their tablet.
- Nearly 3 out of 5 tablet owners consume news on their tablets.
- Tablets facilitate real-time social networking.
- The incremental reach through mobile and connected devices should not be underestimated.
See more details on the research: Smartphones and Tablets Drive Nearly 7 Percent of Total U.S. Digital Traffic