Well, like many of you, things are a little frantic here as I prepare to head out on the road, this time for an 8 day trip. Last minute esriuc prep, travel, agenda planning, meeting times, packing, charging gadgets, etc… wonder what I’ll forget this time? In preparation for EsriUC we’ve published a number of features and spotlights. Below is a recap of items of interest.
Useful Social Media Resources for the #EsriUC – The annual Esri UC is a pretty darned social event. To help make it an even more social experience, there’s a number of resources that will really help you.
ESRIUC Tips and Events for Attendees Interested in ArcGIS Solutions and iPhone / iPad/ iOS - With the incredible success seen in the launch of iPhone, iPad and the iPad 2 it’s no wonder that developing apps and services to run on the various iOS devices is a hot topic on the mind of many developers.
10 Suggested Mobile Smartphone Apps for the ESRIUC Conference attendee – Glenn’s Picks – Being on the road for a week and away from the office can be a challenge for those needing to stay in touch with the home base. Luckily there’s a number of fantastic mobile apps available to help you stay productive
- 2011 San Diego Gaslamp Restaurant and Bar Map – perfect for #esriuc Conference week
- Events Within The #ESRIUC Event – 10 Suggested Stops For Your Agenda
- Mapping the #EsriUC 5 KM fun run – GeoTime 5 crowd sourcing the run!
- Useful Social Media Resources for the #EsriUC
GISuser ESRIUC News Archive – We’ve rolled out our homepage for the 2011 EsriUC, a page where we provide details of news, announcements, tips, event info and special tips all about the 2011 EsriUC. We also highlight several key, exhibiting sponsors of the section.
GISuser ESRIUC Tweet-Up Plans for 2011 #esriuc – Well, it’s that time of the year again. EsriUC is just around the corner and thoughts of meeting up for GeoBeers for some GeoGlobalDomination with old and new friends is on our minds! This is a great event to start your UC week. Kudos to Merrick & Company for acting as a sponsor of the event as well! See also This Event on Facebook and register as an attendee
Surveyors and LightSquared: A Special Industry Forum at Survey Summit – Surveyors and LightSquared – Precision GPS in Jeopardy – A topic of particular interest will be explored in depth at this year’s ACSM Annual Conference & Esri Survey Summit (July 7-12, 2001, San Diego, CA)
- @bernszukalski Refresh your browser! New release of #ArcGIS Online with many new capabilities:
- @bcsgis Overwhelmed planning your #EsriUC visit? Check out the industry solutions specific to your interests
- @esrisuptinfo Have an Esri support question? Make an appointment to speak to a tech support analyst at the #EsriUC
- @esriuc If you can’t be with us in San Diego next week, here are some ways you can still follow the #EsriUC from home
- @esricanada Going to the #ESRIUC in San Diego next week? Check out these travel tips
- @gletham This is an impressive feat! RT @MattArtz Jack’s 2011 esriUC Plenary Preparation
- @esriuc #EsriUC Thursday night party will be held at #BalboaPark. Museums, food & more
- @jimbarry RT @DMDevDude: Going to #EsriUC? Checkout @ComponentOne SIG Wed at 12 to see the addition of #Esri maps. Lunch provided
- @DeniseKing_esri #EsriUC on track for highest registration numbers in 5 years! Come by Mobile Island and Support Island to meet Mobile GIS specialists
- @EsriSuptInfo Where do you like to eat during the #EsriUC? Share your favorites and see what your peers have to say: http://ow.ly/5x4GQ
- @ESRIFederalGovt Attending the #EsriUC? Be sure to preview the highlights & key topics that will be presented next week
- @esri Q & A explains how we plan to leverage #cloud technology moving forward
- @geotC Nice lineup of lightning talk at the Open Summit next week T/W. Unconf breakouts too.
Check out some of our sponsors exhibiting at esriuc:
ITT booth #1513 – Stop by ITT booth #1513 at the Esri UC and see how ENVI image analysis software is used across industries to easily add information from imagery to a GIS – Follow us on Twitter – @ITT_VIS_Tweet, like us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/ITTVIS, and watch us on YouTube – www.youtube.com/ITTVIS.
Ashtech Booth #2707 – Visitors to Booth #2707 will have a chance to see the Mobile Mapper 10 & Mobile Mapper 100 up close and ask the experts about the features, specs, and benefits
LizardTech Booth 1311 Visit LizardTech at 2011 ESRI UC at Booth 1311 to see newly launched Express Server 7, designed to enable geospatial professionals to distribute high-resolution raster imagery
Topcon Booth 2215 makers of precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, mapping and GIS, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, asset management, and mobile control markets.
JAVAD Booth 2015 makers of precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, mapping and GIS, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, asset management, and mobile control markets.
Other contest give aways at esriuc:
- Océ esriuc booth # 1106 will be giving away 3 (one drawing for each of the 3 days) 64 Gb tablet computers with Wi-Fi and 3G
- Geospatial Experts has some great give aways at esriuc Ricoh Camera bundle, iPad + Geojot + GPS bundle nice!
- Visit Ashtech booth # 2707 to Scratch and Win. Take a chance to win a MobileMapper 10 device
- Share Your LizardTech Tales Prior to the ESRIuc and Win an iPad2
Remember we’ll post all our esriuc related news updates and feature articles in this section on GISuser, blog postings from the UC here, photos on our flickr and #esriuc related tweets on @GISuser and my own @gletham account