You may have heard, Apple has finally made it official and introduced iCloud®, their free cloud services that work seamlessly with applications on your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, Mac® or PC to automatically and wirelessly store your content in iCloud and automatically and wirelessly push it to all your devices.
The free iCloud services include teh following highlights:
- The former MobileMe® services Contacts, Calendar and Mail all completely re-architected and rewritten to work seamlessly with iCloud.
- The App Store and iBookstore? now download purchased iOS apps and books to all your devices, not just the device they were purchased on.
- iCloud Backup automatically and securely backs up your iOS devices to iCloud daily over Wi-Fi when you charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- iCloud Storage seamlessly stores all documents created using iCloud Storage APIs, and automatically pushes them to all your devices. When you change a document on any device, iCloud automatically pushes the changes to all your devices.
- iCloud’s innovative Photo Stream service automatically uploads the photos you take or import on any of your devices and wirelessly pushes them to all your devices and computers.
- iTunes® in the Cloud lets you download your previously purchased iTunes music to all your iOS devices at no additional cost, and new music purchases can be downloaded automatically to all your devices. iTunes Match will be available this fall for a $24.99 annual fee.
iTunes in the Cloud will support all iPhones that iOS 5 supports this fall.