Yellow Pages Group (YPG) has launched a program devoted to supporting Canadian application developers and aspiring entrepreneurs in building location-based services they can take to market. About the program… YPG’s YellowAPI Developer Program will help web and mobile application developers, across all platforms including iOS, Blackberry and Android, in producing their apps through BETA funding as well as access to internal YPG resources such as consultation on design, quality assurance, legal guidance and technical assistance.The first four participants in the program, will push their applications live over the coming weeks:
* Reservely: An automated text to voice (speech) restaurant reservation system
* MoodFood: A restaurant discovery app based on users’ moods of the moment
* Rendezview: A social meet up and recommendation app which suggests convenient meeting locations for friends
* FinishMyBasement: A home improvement tool guiding users through the steps of renovation and provides contractor recommendations
* DealScanr: A shopping app devoted to locating the best deals near a given location
YPG expects to be accepting more developers into the program over the coming months.