Looking for yet another simple way to use your smartphone (with GPS) to create a fun webmap with little to no effort? Here’s an example map created with the following 5 steps using an iPhone 3GS:
- instagr.am app to capture photos along with geolocation
- automatically uploading photos to Flickr web service by connecting instagr.am to Flickr
- pulling a GeoRSS feed from Flick and pasting into maps.google.com
- pulling the embed map code from Google maps and embed to WordPress blog
- see map below or click this link to see map on Google Maps
View Larger Map
To accomplish this for yourself all you need is: a GPS enabled smartphone, the instagra.am mobile photo capture app (or similar app that can geotag photos and connect with Flickr), a Flickr account… that’s it!