GISuser feature content comes and goes off teh front page quickly… now that we have a number of new, contributing experts we have a TON of original Geo tech feature content hitting the site… so much that it’s pretty easy to miss out if you aren’t watching closely. I know everyone is busy and many people now prefer to get notifications in quick, short bursts with a maximum of 140 characters! And so, here’s a recap of 10 interesting GIS / Geotech articles of interest… enjoy!
10 GISuser Articles of interest:
- Freelance Cartography Job Options – This article is for those who want to explore options for creating a cartography firm, or sole-proprietorship, that occupies a very specific niche. Read on in this expert contribution from Gretchen Peterson
- Checkin out the Checkin-in apps – What “check-in” app do you use?
- Let’s Get Small – From Bill Dollins… Consistently, one of the things I hear most often is some variation of “If I had that kind of money, I could do all kinds of amazing things.”
- Another cool Hackathon spurrs innovation details of an interesting geo-geek developer event
- When Will Public Transit Provide Users With Mobile Apps? Commentary from the editor
- Queensland Fire and Rescue Service Responding To Australia Floods With Esri GIS Mobile Technology
- Great Canadian Apportunity – An interesting Mobile Dev project from Microsoft Canada with a Grand Prize of $10,000.
- NSGIC + Whiteboard + Smart Folks = Issuemap – IssueMap (issuemap.org) has generated quite a bit of buzz this week. Reference was made to it at the FCC Commission Hearing along with a blog post from Michael Byrne, FCC GIO.
- Got Questions? Choosing GIS as a Career – Like many of you, I give presentations and workshops throughout each year on the topic of GIS as a career.
- Information Modeling for the Geospatial Professional – interested in BIM?