There’s no questioning that if you’re a GeoGeek or plan on being a real Geo Geek that Beer plays an important part in your daily life -well, perhaps not daily but you know what I mean! Chances are good, if you’ve ever been to an un-conference, Tweet-Up, GeekUp, WhereCamp, Ignite Spatial, a devMeet, or similar GeoGeeky event you know what I’m getting at! An integral part of GeoGlobalDomination, (See Twitter hashtag #Geoglobaldomination if you have no idea what I’m talking about!) Beer is also quite important when it comes to the US economy.
A new economic impact study shows America’s beer industry, made up of brewers, beer importers, beer distributors, brewer suppliers and retailers, directly and indirectly contributes $223.8 billion each year to the U.S. economy. The following are a few of the compelling numbers from the study… Cheers!
- brewers, beer importers, beer distributors, brewer suppliers and retailers, directly and indirectly contributes $223.8 billion each year to the U.S. economy
- the industry generates more than 1.8 million American jobs
- America’s 3,300 licensed beer distributors are proud to provide more than 98,000 quality jobs
- the beer industry directly employs more than 1 million people
- These 1 million workers take home $32.5 billion in wages
- Beer sales help support roughly 900,000 retail jobs
- Supplier and induced impacts generate nearly $135.7 billion in economic activity
- In America there are nearly 13,000 different labels of beer
You can take part in your own GeoGlobalDomination. All you need is a few GeoGeeks (minimum of 2), some beer (preferable a min of 6) and some good Geo discussion!