From Esri, the ArcGIS API for Win Mobile is now available at no cost to developers from the ArcGIS Resource Center – this includes a detailed blog, forum, samples, and support. According to the official announcement, already familiar with Silverlight will be able to create new applications for Windows Phone without a steep learning curv
The ArcGIS API for Windows Phone enables users to go beyond basic mapping. Developers can accomplish the following with the API:
- Create a map containing your own data.
- Display your data on an ArcGIS Online or Bing Maps base map.
- Add graphics and markup to a map interactively.
- Search for features or attributes in your GIS data and display the results.
- Execute a GIS model using ArcGIS Server and display the results.
- Locate addresses and display the results.
- Calculate route and display graphical results and directions.
- Edit feature geometry and attributes.
- Change rendered content of raster data.
- Create mashups
- ArcGIS Resource Center
- Windows Phone Application resource center
- download from Esri
- Esri Silverlight blog
- Silverlight Samples