Today via the MeeGO website http://meego.com the team released the MeeGo v1.0 Core Software Platform & Netbook User Experience project . From MeeGo… This release provides developers with a stable core foundation for application development and a rich user experience for Netbooks. The MeeGo Netbook user experience is the first to appear, with the development of the MeeGo Handset user experience moving to the open in June.
The MeeGo Netbook User Experience includes:
- Visually rich Netbook user experience, building on the latest open source technologies.
- Instant access to your synchronized calendar, tasks, appointments, recently used files and real-time social networking updates through the home screen.
- Aggregation of your social networking content. This allows you to see your social networking activities on one screen, easily interact with your friends, and update your status and site information.
- For a fast and rich Internet experience the MeeGo Netbook user experience integrates Google Chrome or, if you prefer a fully open source browser solution, Google Chromium is also provided. Soon we will be releasing the MeeGo Handset user experience which will use the Fennec Mozilla Browser.
- Easy to use applications for email, calendar and media player.
- Highly optimized for power and performance.
- Languages: Japanese, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Swedish, Polish, Finnish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Dutch, English, British English