We typically share this kind of cool stuff on Friday for a little “Friday fun”, however, things were a little hectic the other day so here’s a little Sunday fun for you! Enter 7 cool things that I’m pleased to share with you… enjoy!
- iPhone App of the day – Miso. This clever social location c heckin service offers the fun and gaming experience of foursquare but with a twist… the app enables users to checkin from home and share what show they are watching! See the video demo http://www.lbszone.com/content/view/6192/2/ or jump to gomiso.com
- Blackberry App – National Geographic recently announced the launch of the National Geographic Application for BlackBerry smartphone users in Hong Kong and Australia. The application is the first Hong Kong-developed National Geographic application designated for the BlackBerry platform and features a collection of wallpapers, ring-tones and video highlights from the National Geographic Channel. See more details
- S60 Spotlight – ViewRanger GPS for S60. ViewRanger GPS offers far more than a map on a phone. It is a complete outdoor navigator with simple to use GPS interface, trail navigation, a sports computer to log progress, and the BuddyBeacon to locate friends. Routes can be plotted on the handset, imported via GPX, or downloaded over-the-air from ViewRanger’s growing library of guided routes. ViewRanger is popular for all kinds of outdoor recreational activities – on land, on water and in the air. It is also used and relied upon by outdoor professionals including Search and Rescue teams and field workers. ViewRanger GPS is available from www.viewranger.com or see also the Ovi app store (Ovi.com)
- Android OS app – Gowalla social location checkin for Android OS. Previously the Gowalla experience was tailored to the iPhone and Android users could only access the service through Gowalla’s mobile website. Gowalla for Android provides Android device owners with an experience that highlights the strengths and uniqueness of Android OS. Gowalla for Android is available for free starting today in the Android Market and at Gowalla.com
- Tweet of the day – via @golfpinfinder … My @Palm #webOS app “GolfPinFinder?” is competing for $100,000 in Palm’s Hot Apps promotion! http://bit.ly/HotGolfApp – On Sale now too! See more about Palm hot apps
- Twitter add-on of the day – Doubledutch… DoubleDutch offers a number of off the shelf features: – Social Check In – the ability to share your location with your friends – Search and Discovery – the ability to explore local merchants both nearby and around the world – Consumer Reviews – the ability to read and write reviews of local businesses anywhere in the world – Twitter and Facebook integration included
- Free GIS Data Pick of the day – OpenAddresses.org is an Open Source web portail for the management of Open worldwide geolocated postal addresses. So far the web service has a pretty slick UI using the OpenStreetMap base and some limited functionality with promises of more to come soon. See @openaddresses