One again, I’m pleased to share with you 7 cool things from the “goodie bag”… enjoy these apps and services:
- iPhone App of the day – Twitter360 with Augmented Reality AR – Twitter 360 is a new application specifically developed for the iPhone 3GS that enables you to visualize your Twitter friends located in your nearby environment. See the video demo
- Blackberry App – CitySearch for Blackberry. Updated Mobile by Citysearch Application for BlackBerry Smartphones Delivers Local the Way Users Want It; Includes Calendar and Email Integration and Twitter Functionality.
- S60 Spotlight – The Nokia N900 isn’t S60, rather it runs the maemo Open Source (think next-gen Symbian OS) and is the latest device from Nokia to start shipping – think of this one as the new flagship smartphone fromm the device maker. At the heart of the Nokia N900 is its powerful ARM Cortex-A8 processor and up to 1GB of total application memory.
- Android OS app – Telmap Navigator for Android. Telmap Navigator for Android enables users to be set-up and navigating within seconds. It provides users with real-time, relevant and localized services.
- Tweet of the day – via @geoparadigm RT @tabascojack: you will love the GIS Day song “Tied Together” http://twitter.com/geoparadigm/status/5880457879
- Twitter add-on of the day – Waze mobile navigation for iPhone now has even more Twitter connect functionality so users can share details of their trips via Twitter. See @waze on Twitter
- Free GIS Data Pick of the day – It seems the UK Ordnacne Survey is making a bold move to open up access to their data in the new year. From a recently released PR… “Ordnance Survey Chairman Sir Rob Margetts says: “I am delighted that the Prime Minister and John Denham have today made these proposals about releasing for free some of Ordnance Survey’s data to support innovation, accountability and growth. I also very much welcome the commitment made by Government to contribute to the cost of this.”